Sunday, October 16, 2005

Maritime Fall Fair 2

So, it looks like now the internerd will let me do things with pretty pictures, so here we go.


Giant Flemish rabbit. (This thing was the size of a cat. A big cat.) Initially, it was sitting in the typical rabbit-y fashion, and then it started to scrunch itself around (really the only way to describe it) so that all its chest fat was held up under its chin, and then stretched out, resting on its little fat cushion as you see it. Very funny to watch.

This was the first prize quilt. It's hand quilted, and although difficult to tell in my picture, the quilting that is cross-hatched inside of the 'pineapple' shapes is a deep yellow, rather than cream like the rest of it. (This one's for you, mom!)

Me and a giant squash. This sucker weighed in at 628 pounds, and was sitting next to two 1000+ pound pumpkins (definitely big enough for Martha Stewart) and a 200 pound watermelon. Whoa.

There were lots of different animals at the fair, and I took lots of pictures (being the city slicker that I am) but most of them are embarrassingly blurry. (No steady hand here). This little guy (girl?), on the other hand, looked right at me when I whipped out the camera, and posed until I was done, then resumed munching the hay.

Anyways, I have more pictures, but who wants to see blurry cow bums? I didn't think so.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo! We haven't gone to a Fall Fair since when?
Must be getting Old.
I'm glad that you are doing your community thing, though.

6:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may have guessed that (anonymous) was me. I hate it when I do that because I'm not sure how I did it!

Anyway, that quilt was worth looking at. Looks like the cross hatching was pretty small.Thanks for sharing your pictures, Valerie.

oxo M.

8:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home