Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Spring Sweater

Purple knitting in repose


I love the way that purple yarn looks, especially on green needles! (The colour is more accurate in this picture than in the one above)

I've started a new play-offs project: Norah Gaughan's Caftan Pullover (scroll down a little) from Interweave Knits Spring 2006 magazine. Of course, I'm not using the yarn called for in the pattern, mostly because I can't buy it around here and I'm too cheap to pay for shipping. Instead, I'm using the Zellers special: Bernat Satin.*

The pictures are of the front of the sweater. I've finished the back but didn't take a picture of it because it's fairly boring-a big rectangle of stocking stitch with a moss stitch border.

I really like this sweater because it has some beautiful details, like the buttons, and the matching cable and seed stitch motif on the sleeves. I have a big tin of buttons I got at a garage sale a while ago, so I'm going to dig through there. I like the idea of using shell or mother-of-pearl buttons instead of metal shank buttons, though.

This is what keeps me sane now that hockey is on TV every. single. night.**

*Now, I know that acrylic has a rather shoddy reputation out here in internet-land, but *raspberry* to you. I'm allergic to wool and can't afford silk. So there. You betcha when I'm rich and famous I'll use some fancy yarn.

**Go Habs! (And Go Sens! from Richard)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home