Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bedwetter

For Meghan, because she asked.

I normally block my knitted items on the floor or on the bed, depending on how far I feel like bending over (and how much carpeted floor we have at any given time). This morning I pinned out the rather damp Flirty Ruffles shawl from Fiddlesticks on the bed.

close up of print o' the wave pattern

It's a little soggy, but I'm sure it will dry by tonight. It's a warm day, and I usually get as much water as possible out of pieces of lace before I block them. My method involves wrapping the lump of wet fabric in a towel and then sitting on it. Very scientific and careful.

I'll post a picture of the finished, blocked shawl later, because it's quite ugly full of pins, and also I can't get a decent picture without learning to hang from the ceiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home