Secrets and Setbacks
Just a hint about a new project:
Like the very retro pillowcase? It came with our bed, which Richard bought from the previous tenant of the room he rented when he first came to Halifax.
Secrets
I've been given the name of my secret dyepal, who sounds like a bundle of fun, and I've been contacted by my secret pal, who wanted to know what my favourite colours are (can't really go wrong there. I want all colours!). I think that my dyeing project will be a challenge, though. The person I'm dyeing for likes colours that I'm not necessarily drawn to, and from the looks of the dyeorama page, even the "what the heck am I doing" group seems to be doing some very advanced manoeuvers. I may have to really go nuts with this stuff! And that may require practice... hehe. Now to convince Richard that more yarn is "practice". Well... maybe next paycheque.
Setbacks
Last night, while Richard watched the Sens/Buffalo game, I sat down to do up the seams on my beautiful purple caftan pullover sweater.
Sewed one seam, decided that it looked a little sloppy, ripped it out and did it again- much better. Mattress stitch isn't really that bad. Time for seam number 2. Away we go, nice and smooth, firm. Good. Try on the partially pieced sweater in the mirror... a little loose, but that's okay, I wanted it for sitting around anyhow, and who wants binding armpits in a comfy sweater? Get ready to sew next seam.... DRAT. I have just sewed the side seams. But Valerie, aren't you supposed to sew the sleeve caps into the armsythes first? Um. yes. Crumb. Can I fake it? Much fussing and glaring and muttering under breath at safety pins and slippery yarn. Richard jumps through the roof, Ottawa has scored again. These bee-yewtiful seams must come out. Mutter mutter. Much laughter from unsympathetic and cruel husband. Pick out the seams. Put sweater pieces on couch. Go to bed.
I will sew the sleeves in tonight. And we're supposed to get nice weather this week, for a little bit, so I can take some pictures. I tried to take one of the sweater pieces all finished and it's awful, because we've had nothing but fog, clouds, and rain all week. (With the exception of yesterday, which was beautiful, but I was at work all day, with no camera and no sweater. Darn).
Gene and I have been practicing our "look at our catch" poses. We figure that's why we had so much trouble last week: we weren't photographically prepared. Monday is Valerie Catches a Trout Day.
Like the very retro pillowcase? It came with our bed, which Richard bought from the previous tenant of the room he rented when he first came to Halifax.Secrets
I've been given the name of my secret dyepal, who sounds like a bundle of fun, and I've been contacted by my secret pal, who wanted to know what my favourite colours are (can't really go wrong there. I want all colours!). I think that my dyeing project will be a challenge, though. The person I'm dyeing for likes colours that I'm not necessarily drawn to, and from the looks of the dyeorama page, even the "what the heck am I doing" group seems to be doing some very advanced manoeuvers. I may have to really go nuts with this stuff! And that may require practice... hehe. Now to convince Richard that more yarn is "practice". Well... maybe next paycheque.
Setbacks
Last night, while Richard watched the Sens/Buffalo game, I sat down to do up the seams on my beautiful purple caftan pullover sweater.
Sewed one seam, decided that it looked a little sloppy, ripped it out and did it again- much better. Mattress stitch isn't really that bad. Time for seam number 2. Away we go, nice and smooth, firm. Good. Try on the partially pieced sweater in the mirror... a little loose, but that's okay, I wanted it for sitting around anyhow, and who wants binding armpits in a comfy sweater? Get ready to sew next seam.... DRAT. I have just sewed the side seams. But Valerie, aren't you supposed to sew the sleeve caps into the armsythes first? Um. yes. Crumb. Can I fake it? Much fussing and glaring and muttering under breath at safety pins and slippery yarn. Richard jumps through the roof, Ottawa has scored again. These bee-yewtiful seams must come out. Mutter mutter. Much laughter from unsympathetic and cruel husband. Pick out the seams. Put sweater pieces on couch. Go to bed.
I will sew the sleeves in tonight. And we're supposed to get nice weather this week, for a little bit, so I can take some pictures. I tried to take one of the sweater pieces all finished and it's awful, because we've had nothing but fog, clouds, and rain all week. (With the exception of yesterday, which was beautiful, but I was at work all day, with no camera and no sweater. Darn).
Gene and I have been practicing our "look at our catch" poses. We figure that's why we had so much trouble last week: we weren't photographically prepared. Monday is Valerie Catches a Trout Day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home