Richard helps me knit
Or, hubby hat recipe for knitters who don't need a complicated pattern.
Richard wishes to have a brown hat. "Why don't you make me a hat?"
Okay. I cheat, and use the gauge swatches from his impending birthday sweater, (3 st = 1 inch) plus a 2x2 ribbing which is forgiving in terms of stretch and fit.
Cast on whatever. (I can't remember anymore). Where whatever = circumference of head in inches x stitches for inch in gauge, fudged for a multiple of 4. (I guess that makes it 64 stitches. 22 inch head x 4 is 66 stitches. Not divisible by 4... make it 64. Close enough).
Join in the round.
Knit2 purl2 until you're sick of it. Richard needs to try it on.

When it looks like this, begin the crown increases.
Decrease by k2tog 4 times spaced evenly each row, until there's 16 left. K2tog until there's only 4 or 5 stitches left, draw end through loops, pull tight.
Richard needs to try it on.

PULL it DOWN all the way, Richard.

New hat for Hockey Night in Canada.
Pattern tutorial for October Whip Up
Richard wishes to have a brown hat. "Why don't you make me a hat?"
Okay. I cheat, and use the gauge swatches from his impending birthday sweater, (3 st = 1 inch) plus a 2x2 ribbing which is forgiving in terms of stretch and fit.
Cast on whatever. (I can't remember anymore). Where whatever = circumference of head in inches x stitches for inch in gauge, fudged for a multiple of 4. (I guess that makes it 64 stitches. 22 inch head x 4 is 66 stitches. Not divisible by 4... make it 64. Close enough).
Join in the round.
Knit2 purl2 until you're sick of it. Richard needs to try it on.

When it looks like this, begin the crown increases.
Decrease by k2tog 4 times spaced evenly each row, until there's 16 left. K2tog until there's only 4 or 5 stitches left, draw end through loops, pull tight.
Richard needs to try it on.

PULL it DOWN all the way, Richard.

New hat for Hockey Night in Canada.
Pattern tutorial for October Whip Up

2 Comments:
Valerie - I love reading your blog! It's so interesting and funny. I enjoy the pictures you put on, too. The star book is really unique and, boy, do you ever get a lot of knitting done! Glad you are having so much fun with it.
Love, Sharon
Hi Valerie, Thank you for taking the time to put together such an awesome blog. I have spent the past hour or so checking out all of the projects you have done since September, you are a knitting machine! Also your vv sweater bag's are a fantastic idea. I can't wait to see what you do next.
Chris Hannon
Post a Comment
<< Home