Playing
I was just trying to figure out why I feel like I never have the time to do anything interesting these days, and I realized that with the new job, the old job, and the private tutoring I'm working close to 60 hours a week... no wonder I'm tired! (And I know that there are lots of people who work that much, or who work more. I'm just saying that for me, that's alot.) Part of the problem is also that Richard rented a video game last week that I spent quite a bit of time playing... it's called Chibi-Robo and you play a tiny little robot that wanders around in a house cleaning up and going on 'quests' to befriend and aid talking toys. Sounds a little ridiculous now that I'm describing it, but once I get my hands on one of these rare games I can actually navigate, I'm hooked. Anyhow, chibi-robo. We ordered a copy online for my b-day, so that I can devote even more hours to this timewaster!
So this morning I got up and decided to play with the camera a bit as I did some laundry. (How exciting is my life that I get up at 8 o'clock on a Saturday morning to do laundry?) I don't know what this photo editing program is called. (I don't think it's the Gimp one that Adrienne recommended, and I am too lazy to go look.) It does what I wanted, though - colour correction, cropping, that kind of thing. I don't need something that will let me attach Richard's head to a tree or anything. Although, come to think of it...
I love the smell of clean, wet laundry, and as you all know, Richard and I are... frugal. So instead of paying to run a load of laundry through a dryer, we usually hang our laundry to dry.
socks in a row. I like how saturated the colour looks here
I think that I've got enough hand-knitted socks to last me 10 or 12 days. I should probably count them.
Newish project - poor Richard has been looking at one lonely sock for a couple of weeks, so I thought that maybe I should start the second one. The discerning will note that the two needles on the right have the beginnings of a figure-8 toe-up sock on them.
With coffee to stimulate my brain cells, I should be able to figure out what I did with the first one, right? Maybe I should be writing this stuff down somewhere so that I'm not guessing how many stitches around this sock should be. Oh, wait. That's what this blog was supposed to be for, wasn't it? Oops.
Looking back, I see that I've promised pictures of a rabbit with an enormous beany behind. This is going to have to wait until I build up enough momentum to wrestle with the camera and computer again. But bunny is soooo funny that I eventually must share. Eventually.
So this morning I got up and decided to play with the camera a bit as I did some laundry. (How exciting is my life that I get up at 8 o'clock on a Saturday morning to do laundry?) I don't know what this photo editing program is called. (I don't think it's the Gimp one that Adrienne recommended, and I am too lazy to go look.) It does what I wanted, though - colour correction, cropping, that kind of thing. I don't need something that will let me attach Richard's head to a tree or anything. Although, come to think of it...
I love the smell of clean, wet laundry, and as you all know, Richard and I are... frugal. So instead of paying to run a load of laundry through a dryer, we usually hang our laundry to dry.
socks in a row. I like how saturated the colour looks hereI think that I've got enough hand-knitted socks to last me 10 or 12 days. I should probably count them.
Newish project - poor Richard has been looking at one lonely sock for a couple of weeks, so I thought that maybe I should start the second one. The discerning will note that the two needles on the right have the beginnings of a figure-8 toe-up sock on them.Looking back, I see that I've promised pictures of a rabbit with an enormous beany behind. This is going to have to wait until I build up enough momentum to wrestle with the camera and computer again. But bunny is soooo funny that I eventually must share. Eventually.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home