Monday, June 26, 2006

Sock Love



I love love love the way this yarn is knitting up. The colour in this picture is not entirely accurate, because it is of course rainy and foggy today, but I like how different the yarn looks in the skein, in a ball, and knitted into a sock. So awesome!

For the terminally curious, it's a generic cuff-down sock with a picot edging and a ribbbed flap-and-pick-up heel. I've tried the short row heels, and they don't fit my feet as well as the flap kind, and to be honest, I love picking up the stitches along the side of the flaps.

3 Comments:

Blogger adrienne said...

Oh, they look so nice!
I can't wait to knit with the yarn you dyed for me :)

12:43 p.m.  
Blogger Teri.p said...

WOW! I thought I was the only one in the world who actually enjoys the process of picking up those stitches... how cool to find I'm not alone!

11:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those look great! I'm glad the yarn is knitting up so beautifully! I also like to pick up stitches, I never understood why it was such a bother for people! :)

9:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home